Fanad Lighthouse (10052637)

Fanad Lighthouse (10052637) - County Donegal
This photograph of Fanad Head Lighthouse was taken on a cold May evening when a strong northerly wind was throwing huge waves onto the headland. The first lighthouse at this location was built in 1814, shortly after the frigate Saldana was wrecked with the loss of all but the ship's parrot. The current lighthouse stands 39 meters above the high tide and can be seen up to 18 nautical miles away.
Buy now

Five Finger Strand (07010244)

Return to: County Donegal or Ireland or Gallery